Thursday, January 13, 2011

Introduction

Greetings everyone, and thank you for reading my blog today. My name is Jay, and I have a disability. Several of my friends have blogs now - related to disability or otherwise - and I have been feeling like I also want to contribute to the blogosphere (or whatever it's called nowadays). A few things:
Feel free to subscribe, add any comments.
I'm glad to see people of all abilities/disabilities starting blogs. You know, there's thinking involved in blogging, and so it's good to show we all think! Disability does NOT mean someone is unable to think for himself/herself.
Why is this blog called "The Wrecking Ball?"  I'll talk a lot about what comes to mind relating to disability issues, disability stereotypes, etc. and have an ultimate goal in getting those issues out there in an effort to raise awareness and hopefully contribute to crushing those barriers, stereotypes, whatever you want to call them. So, the blog is a wrecking-ball (of sorts) to those barriers and stereotypes.
I'm not sure how regularly I'll be posting, but if something comes up, be sure to find my posting here (and feel free to comment). Hope you all enjoy my blog!

1 comment: